Sucker Punch Productions is looking for exceptional art talent to contribute to Ghost of Tsushima. The Character Artist will play a significant role in establishing and maintaining the vision for both new and redefined characters. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively with the team and take our graphics to the next level.
- Create highly-efficient, realistic next-gen characters.
- Help design, construct, document, and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Work with our Character Tech Art and Game Design teams to integrate content into our proprietary engine.
- Work with our Concept Team to ensure our character designs feel believable and fit into the world we are creating.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director is achieved.
- Experience making cloth in Marvelous designer to create realistic cloth.
- Experience making detailed characters in Zbrush.
- Experience with industry standard 3-D packages (3D Studio Max and Maya), Photoshop, and Substance Painter.
- Be comfortable working with scan data.
- Solid hard surface modeling skills (both high res and low res models).
- Experience making efficient low res models, UV maps and textures within the provided budget and without sacrificing the quality.
- Solid understanding of materials and being able to texture different types of assets such as skin, cloth, metal, etc.
- Strong human sculpting skills with an ability to create highly realistic facial likeness.
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy and costume design.
- Strong understanding of silhouette and its impact on perception of content.
- Strong understanding of current physically based rendering technology and understanding of real-time pipelines.
- Ability to deliver quality work within deadlines and adapt rapidly to changing technology.
- Must be able to work well within a team, collaborate productively, accept direction and embrace change.
- Passion for making and playing great games with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- A portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Blend shape
- Traditional art
- 3D Coat
This is full-time onsite role in the sunny Seattle area. Please apply with your portfolio, and qualifying candidates should expect to take an art test.