We’re looking for an Encounter Designer who knows how to meld interesting layouts and challenging enemies into compelling game encounters. If you’ve shipped an action or stealth title where you helped make awesome encounters, please get in touch!
- Deliver interesting and varied encounters on Ghost of Tsushima, with a particular focus on melee combat and stealth.
- Collaborate effectively with our other teams—code, animation, sound, visual effects—bringing together all the best ideas into one holistic experience.
- Provide crisp feedback in order to quickly iterate on concepts, proposing solutions as well as criticisms.
- Work with systems and content designers to balance and tune encounters throughout the game.
- Chip in to the overall game design, leveraging your unique perspective to help us create the best possible player experience.
- Continuously strive to push the quality bar higher.
- 2 years experience with at least one AAA shipped title under your belt.
- Must provide video showcasing your latest encounter work—let’s see those skills! Post it to your web site or to YouTube, and let us know what your contributions were to what we see in the video.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to critique and lay out encounter spaces.
- Have shipped at least one title as a game designer working on that game’s encounters. Bonus points if the game focused on melee and / or stealth. Extra bonus points if it had significant commercial or critical success.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-disciplinary team, bringing together the best ideas into challenging encounters.
- Must have some programming or scripting experience.
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Bellevue, WA.
This is a full-time contract role, and being a creative collaborator (onsite) is needed in this position.
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated and driven to excellence.
- Happiest when working closely with ninjas in other disciplines.
- Experience working with open-world games/encounter design.